I was approached to develop a new website that focuses on patchwork quilting related services.The target audience for the site is primarily located in Australia and Indonesia. Therefore the site must support dual languages.
In developing the proposal, these were the principle deliverables:
- A modern website design targeted towards the visitor demographics
- A responsive website – visitors may access the content, no matter on which device (mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop PC)
- The site will support English and Indonesian languages. It must be easy to switch languages
- Ability to display the teaching schedule
- Support for a range of showcase image galleries.
- Support for Instagram integration
The solution delivers on the proposal offering these key features:
- Responsive design – website looks great whether using a PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
- Dual language, easy to switch when needed. Posts, pages and image captions are translated
- An Events Calendar acting as a class teaching schedule when needed.
- As Siska is involved in the visual arts, attention was paid to the display of images. Where an image gallery is needed, this is now fully responsive, automatically adjusting to the viewer’s screen size.
- Displaying an attractive Instagram feed
- All information between the visitor and website is secured by SSL technology.
- An automated site backup feature to secure and protect the website data