Provide a turnkey solution for an online patchwork quilting related business. The design must be visually attractive to visitors, include a shopping cart, email subscription and Blog. Purchased quilt patterns are immediately available as downloadable PDF format files.
- Shopping cart system for purchases, flexibility to offer shipped products in the future
- Support local and overseas sales (AUS, USA primarily),
- The customer must be able to immediately download their purchased patterns,
- Include a visually attractive Blog to post related content,
- Customers may subscribe to the sites email newsletter (optional),
- Site is secure and uses the latest website standards,
- Integrates with PayPal for purchases,
- No customer credit card details are to be kept on site.
Q1, 2013, ongoing updates
Q3, 2017 – major update, new features added
Turnkey Design, Build, Support Services
Quilting is a visual art, so it was important that all pattern pages were able to display a number of images. A visitor must be able to browse the images on posts and product pages.
For purchasing a pattern, the WooCommerce e-commerce solution is used. WooCommerce is a feature rich solution that offers all the current and future shopping features needed. Key features include:
- Download virtual files
- Shipping products if desired
- Simplified checkout, no account registration needed,
- Local pricing (currency switching)
- PayPal provides protection for the purchaser.
- Bank transfer payment option for AUS customers.
The Blog is important and exists to present articles of interest to quilters and announce the release of new patterns and products.
A newsletter system is integrated and it maintains a distribution list for signed up subscribers. A subscriber list is maintained.
Website performance and security has been significantly improved during this update. .
The design was built on the highly flexible WordPress CMS platform.