Essendon Quilters Inc.
The Essendon Quilters Guild of Victoria wished to establish a new website to service their members. The website was to provide a view of upcoming events, news and articles of interest to quilters. Members would be able to login to access a range of members-only information.
In developing the proposal, these were the principle objectives:
- A modern website design targeted towards the visitor demographics
- A responsive website – visitors may access the content, no matter on which device (mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop PC)
- Ability for the Editors to add or modify content
- Members obtain good value from their website,
- Visitors (prospective members) to the site may obtain sufficient information to participate in the Guild
- Security – site data is secured and regularly backup-up to prevent data loss
- Support for the Facebook integration and PayPal transactions
The solution delivers on the proposal with key features including:
- Responsive design – website looks great whether using a PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
- A secure Members area providing content applicable only to the members. Individual Posts, pages, categories and tags may be identified as “members-only”,
- An Events Calendar – visually present monthly meetings, quilt shows, memberships are now due messages etc.. in a calendar format
- A Blog that permits creating articles for visitors and members.
- A Guild library page that links to online reviews,
- An automated site backup feature to secure and protect the website data
- As this group is involved in the visual arts, attention was paid to the display of images. Where an image gallery is needed, this is now fully responsive, automatically adjusting to the viewer’s screen size.
“I run a small B&B and wanted an improved web presence, something that would give people a better idea of our property and also where they could make a reservation. I approached Glen to discuss what he could do. I was very pleased not only with the end result but also the way he approached my request. Nothing was too much trouble. He took the time to understand and document my needs and was in regular contact throughout the process to ensure that he was capturing what was required. I was given the opportunity to test the site during development and we discussed several options where there were several ways of doing something. When it came to hand over time Glen took the time to walk me through the site and also the user manual that he had prepared. All in all I am very pleased with the process and result. Thank you Glen.”