Patchworkers and Quilters Guild of Victoria
Patchworkers and Quilters Guild of Victoria had an existing website designed and built in 2009. This site was experiencing significant performance and data quality issues. The web software was unsupported and site data not backed-up. A review determined that it was a good time to update and migrate the site to a modern content management system platform.
In developing the proposal, these were the principle objectives:
- Members receive good value from their website
- Visitors (prospective members) to the site may obtain sufficient information to participate in Guild activities
- Site content may be readily added or updated by the Editor, this permits the website to stay fresh and up to date
- Site is secure and supportable
Key design features included:
- Establish a modern CMS framework, menu navigation, page structure, define User roles, colour schemes, logo, feature images etc.
- Adding all existing and provided content to the new site
- Events Calendar feature – visually present monthly meetings, quilt shows, memberships are now due messages etc.. in a calendar format
- Provide a secure Members area, provided members-only content
- A bulletin board/forum solution for Members to exchange ideas
- Location Map feature – small Google Map showing meeting venues etc.
- Providing extensive User documentation and training to permit the site Editors to add and update information
- Setup of an automated site backup feature to secure and protect the website data
The solution delivers on the Proposal. The site has an integrated Events Calendar, clear information on Membership, Meetings and a Members only area.
The Blog includes important posts on matters affecting the Group, included, a new Library review section.
Responsive design – website looks great whether using a PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
As this group is involved in the visual arts, attention was paid to the display of quilt images. Where an image gallery is needed, this is now fully responsive, automatically adjusting to the size screen of the viewer.
The project was completed in 2 stages. Stage 1 focused on the public view, while Stage 2 created a Members only area..
When the Patchworkers and Quilters Guild of Victoria inc needed to update and rework a new web site, Glen Edwards name was mentioned.
Consequently, he sent us a proposal which we found comprehensive, concise and easy to follow. We accepted the proposal and are extremely happy with the result.
When dealing with Glen,we find he listens to our problems and queries and quickly comes up with a simple solution to follow, as we have a membership who have a diverse range of computer experience.
I would highly recommend Glen Edwards of Tolmie Systems to set up and maintain your web site.